We are currently looking for a Portfolio Manager – ETF (Exchange Traded Fund), with previous ETF or index portfolio management experience, to join our Global ETF group in London. In addition to managing various portfolios, this is a unique opportunity to help build our ETF platform and launch of new ETF products globally.
- Manage the assigned portfolios to meet or exceed performance standards consistent with fund’s investment objectives while adhering to client-specified or regulatory restrictions and constraints.
- Proactively generate value add through trading strategies, corporate action elections, tax mitigation strategies or other ad-hoc opportunities.
- Ensure portfolio risk is prudently managed and that investment and operational processes have integrity by engaging in sound risk management practices. Stay knowledgeable of all regulatory frameworks under which assigned portfolios operate.
- Knowledgeable on various investment vehicles (including derivatives) and currency hedging strategies.
- Apply quantitative techniques and models, coupled with specific market experience, ETFs and index construction to portfolio management, product development and risk budgeting.
- Have a strong understanding of index provider methodologies and index changes. Affect index changes in the market with a balanced risk approach around tracking to the benchmark.
- Attribute fund performance and understand sources of portfolio risk relative to the benchmark.
- Proactively contribute to overall systems/investment process enhancements. Influence and impact the development of the next generation ETF platform, working with internal FTT and outside vendors.
- Evaluate new markets to support product launches around portfolio management issues.
- Ensure new processes are implemented appropriately.
- Articulate complex investment topics to a variety of audiences using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Build relationships and work together with different parts of the firm to get new initiatives executed and deliver superior client experience.
- Create a positive environment as FT leader through personal example and fostering optimal work environment for the team.
- Experience of ETF or Index portfolio management is required.
- Foundation experience in the investment industry; thorough understanding of asset management, equity markets, operational processes and trading.
- Graduate degree and CFA designation preferred.
- BA/BSc degree required.
- Experienced manager with proven track record of delivering consistent investment performance in-line or above target objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ETFs and global markets.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong attention to detail. Strong quantitative analytical skills, including knowledge of optimization and risk models.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments, while producing a high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. Curious and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Source: for more information click here.