- The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for day-to-day ETF portfolio management in a high volume time sensitive environment
- The standard portfolio management responsibilities will include portfolio management oversight of all index rebalances, developing baskets to facilitate daily order flows, corporate action events and working with Senior PMs on making discretionary trading decisions; fiduciary oversight including monitoring tracking error and proposing, as necessary, strategies to reduce tracking error; engagement and leadership in defining new investment process improvements that promote efficiency and scalability; internal client engagement with capital markets and product development; external client engagement through institutional due diligence, conference attendance and speaking engagements and being a resource to the sales process.
- Portfolio Management and Fiduciary Oversight: the daily portfolio management functions of an ETF such as creating an optimal portfolio which effectively tracks the index in a tax-efficient manner. In addition to index reconstitution portfolio trading, the portfolio manager will be responsible for tax management, corporate action management, cash and compliance trading under the supervision of the Senior Portfolio Manager of Fixed Income
- Responsible for the facilitation of trading of underlying securities and providing feedback on execution quality
- Investment Process Improvements: engagement with a team of portfolio managers and operations analysts to propose and implement best practices that aim to continuously improve the investment process and promote scalability in index management
- Internal and External Client Engagement: Responsible for the promotion of ETF funds to internal and external clients through product development, capital markets and due diligence.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable asset management experience is required.
- Ability to make quick decisions, establish priorities and concentrate on detailed information under stressful conditions
- Desire to work closely in team managed approach with fellow portfolio managers is required.
- Prior experience in trading or managing portfolios is required.
- Experience in management of Exchange Traded Funds or index management is preferred.
- Candidate will require strong analytical skills to analyse and interpret various market data and apply such information to written reports and oral presentations
- In-depth knowledge of the global equity markets, prior trading experience, and the ability to provide market and fund attribution analysis are required
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of investment analysis, statistics, and economics as would be acquired through completion of a Master’s degree in Business, Finance or related field is preferred
- CFA designation (or progress towards CFA designation) is preferred, but not required.
Source: for more information click here.