- This position offers a unique opportunity to help build ETF platform and launch new ETFs globally, combining the entrepreneurial opportunity to grow the business with the resources of an established global investment firm.
- Key contributor to managing and delivering consistent results and competitive investment performance for over ten ETF funds
- Manage the assigned portfolios to meet or exceed performance standards consistent with fund’s investment objectives, while adhering to client-specified or regulatory restrictions and constraints
- Proactively generate value add through trading strategies, corporate action elections, tax mitigation strategies or other ad-hoc opportunities
- Evaluate new markets to support product launches around portfolio management activities
- Ensure portfolio risk is prudently managed and that investment and operational processes have integrity by engaging in sound risk management practices
- Stay knowledgeable of all regulatory frameworks under which assigned portfolios operate
- Knowledgeable on various investment vehicles (including derivatives) and currency hedging strategies
- Apply quantitative techniques and models, coupled with specific market experience, ETFs and index construction to portfolio management, product development and risk budgeting
- Have a strong understanding of index provider methodologies and index changes
- Affect index changes in the market with a balanced risk approach around tracking to the benchmark
- Attribute fund performance and understand sources of portfolio risk relative to the benchmark
- Proactively contribute to overall systems/investment process enhancements
- Influence and impact the development of the next generation ETF platform, working with internal FTT and outside vendors
- Ensure new processes are implemented appropriately
- Articulate complex investment topics to a variety of audiences using strong verbal and written communication skills
- Build relationships and work together with different parts of the firm to get new initiatives executed and deliver superior client experience
- Create a positive environment as FT leader through personal example and fostering optimal work environment for the team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of three (3+) years of ETF or Index Fund experience in a Portfolio Management capacity
- 5-8 years of overall experience in the investment industry; thorough understanding of asset management, equity markets, operational processes and trading
- Graduate degree and CFA designation preferred
- BA/BSc degree required
- Experienced manager with proven track record of delivering consistent investment performance in-line or above target objectives
- Passionate about continuous improvements and understanding of the nuances of the global markets
- Comprehensive knowledge of ETFs and global markets
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills coupled with a strong attention to detail
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, including knowledge of optimization and risk models
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments, while producing a high quality work in a fast-paced environment. Curious and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills
- In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 5-7 Years