- Manage ETF portfolios to meet performance standards consistent with the funds’ investment objectives, while adhering to regulatory and compliance rules.
- Implement index rebalance and reconstitutions, taking into account trading costs, tax implications, market impact and other considerations.
- Experience generating and coordinating equity and fixed income CIBs (custom) creation and redemption order flow impact on portfolio and desired performance outcomes.
- Responsible for all things ETF Capital Markets: spreads, premiums/discount, launching products, seeding, AP education, broker and market maker relationships, CIB allocations/coordination.
- Establish and implement trading and tax management strategies and lead corporate action election decisions.
- Ensure portfolio, market and operational risks are prudently managed and that investment and operational processes have integrity by engaging in sound risk management practices. Stay knowledgeable of all regulatory frameworks under which assigned portfolios operate.
- Apply quantitative, risk modeling and budgeting techniques and market specific knowledge to portfolio optimizations.
- Attribute fund performance and understand sources of portfolio risk relative to the benchmark.
- Proactively contribute to overall systems/investment process enhancements.
- Influence and impact the development of the next generation ETF platform, working with internal partners and outside vendors. Evaluate new markets to support product launches around portfolio management issues.
- Articulate complex investment topics to a variety of audiences using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Build relationships and work together with different parts of the firm to get new initiatives executed and deliver superior client experience.
- Create a positive environment as FT leader through personal example and fostering optimal work environment for the team.
- Use OMS/EMS to implement a broad range of global equity trades and trading strategies including algorithmic trade programs and block trades.
- Liaise with portfolio managers, executing brokers, and custodians.
- Manage all trade operations and trade settlement processes.
- Conduct TCA, Best Execution, and all other trading due diligence.
- Experience with Westminster-Cowen soft dollar system and managing soft dollar bills.
- 7-10 years of overall experience in the investment industry; thorough understanding of asset management, index funds, domestic and international equity markets, fixed income, ETF capital markets and investment operations and trading
- 5 years minimum of ETF portfolio management experience is required. Knowledge of ETF and fixed income capital markets
- BA/BS Degree required
- Experience with OMS/EMS, trade algorithms
- Experienced manager with proven track record of delivering consistent investment performance in-line or above target objectives
- Strong understanding of index provider methodologies and index changes
- Knowledgeable of various domestic and international equity markets, investment vehicles (including derivatives) and currency hedging strategies
Professional Skills Qualifications
- Passionate about scaling processes and understanding of the nuances of ETFs and global markets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong attention to detail. Strong quantitative analytical skills, including knowledge of optimization and risk models.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments, while producing a high-quality work in a fast-paced environment. Curious and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills