- The APAC ETF Capital Markets Specialist will oversee the secondary market and primary market activity with a goal of increasing the overall liquidity and asset gathering of the firm’s ETFs in the Asia Pacific region
- Based in Hong Kong, the role will be part of the Global SPDR Business and of the Global Capital Markets team, reporting into the APAC Head of ETF Capital Markets
- The APAC ETF Capital Markets Specialist will work in partnership with other teams, ultimately strengthening the Capital Markets capability across Asia Pacific by engaging with Authorized Participants, Market Makers, Exchanges and internal partners.
- Handle requests in a timely manner from ETF Traders & Sales Traders, Portfolio Sales Traders, Equity Derivative Sales Traders, Prime Brokers, Authorized Participants and Market Makers
- Assist Regional and Global Relationship Management teams with account plans and day-to-day engagements with key Capital Markets partners Including regional stock exchanges
- Confirm accuracy of daily PCF files and other relevant data being disseminated to the market
- Monitor the secondary market quality (spreads, trading volumes, premium/discount, depth) of the firm’s ETFs across several exchange venues in Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Australia)
- Oversee the primary market activities of the firm’s ETFs to ensure smooth create-redeem process
- Support the firm’s global Authorized Participant oversight program
- Build, improve and produce trading, risk and liquidity reports with a heavy emphasis on data analysis
- Deliver risk excellence and support the business as a whole through internal and external relationship development
- Collaborate with teams across SSGA and other State Street business divisions to maximize Broker Dealer and Exchange relationships
- Facilitate an understanding of the APAC SPDR business and its strategy and priorities across key internal partners
- Assist the Distribution teams and clients with trading and liquidity related queries, including pre-and post-trade analysis, Due Diligence Questionnaires and pricing indications
- Contribute to generate ETF Capital Markets thought leadership via white papers, marketing materials, or sales literature
- Collaborate with internal partners (Product Oversight, Portfolio Management, Operations, Fund Management, Distribution, Legal) on ongoing initiatives and projects related to the Capital Markets Group
- Work with and support the Global Capital Markets Group as required.
- Bachelor degree of Finance, Economics, Engineering or similar field
- 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry – trading, market making, risk management, ETF operations and support
- Strong analytical skills with advanced Excel skills, VBA, PowerPoint, Word and Bloomberg
- Programming languages (Python, BQNT, others) highly desirable
- Reliable, rigorous and ability to operate and multi-task in a fast-paced trading environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organized and structured work approach with an ability to prioritize
- Strong ethics and integrity with a strong risk radar and dedicated approach to resolve issues
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate industry and product knowledge
- Ability to build relationships within our team, across our organization, and with our external partners
- Professional curiosity to identify and drive improvements and opportunities with a willingness to get into the detail and frame the solution.
Source: for more information click here.