Relationship management & Client execution:
- Support the success of Franklin LibertyShares UCITS & US ETFs in the Asia pacific region. Work closely with the Global ETF capital markets team to ensure Asia pacific clients have ease of trading and execution on the primary and the secondary market by all participants
- Work closely with the EMEA ETF Capital markets team to support primary and secondary market activity across the UCITS range, supporting both local and regional activity
- Work closely with local Generalist sales and ETF sales specialist to help position Franklin ETFs both internally and externally within the APAC region
- Create analytical tools to help optimize processes and pursue commercial opportunities. Including pre/post trade analytics. With a focus on cost, liquidity, and order strategy
- Provide customized services to help clients have a positive experience trading, both on their purchases and sales of Franklin LibertyShares ETFs:
- After deciphering a client’s investment objective, advise trading strategies on the primary or secondary market, leveraging expertise of the product, markets, liquidity, and relationships with brokers/dealers
- Provide insights on competing exposure choices and trade-offs
- Articulate product knowledge beyond trading fundamentals with the ability to clearly explain product models, index methodologies, and portfolio management decisions
- Work with APs and market makers to ensure that the ETF is trading as efficiently as possible in the secondary market. The goal is to reduce total execution cost through tighter spreads, smaller premium/discounts, and increased market depth
- Train APs & market makers in all product details to allow them to accurately hedge, value and transact in Franklin LibertyShares ETFs
- Support sales efforts within the broker dealers (b/d) channel to ensure Franklin LibertyShares ETFs are top of mind for their clients who use ETFs
- Translate market trading insights and client needs into the new product process and collateral in partnership with Products, Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management, & Model Research
- Utilize constant monitoring of flows, volumes, and market conditions to provide actionable market insights and potential trade ideas
Liquidity provider relationship management
- Work closely with our Global liquidity providers in the region as well as building relationships with local domestic brokers and potential liquidity providers to ensure efficient on-exchange and over the counter coverage of our ETFs
- Support Primary and Secondary market activity ensuring smooth creation and redemption activity across the range
- Monitor spreads, quotes, and trades across the range
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- 5+ years of ETF capital markets industry experience
- BA Required, MBA or advanced degree in related field preferred
- Possesses strong ETF relationships across all major liquidity providers
- Technically strong in ETF investments & trading while comfortable delivering the knowledge to clients as an institutional salesperson.
- Programming skills highly desirable (VBA, Python)
- Strong understanding of equity and fixed income market structure.
- Familiarity with how different clients use ETFs within their portfolio
- Exceptional ability to articulate all facets of ETF activities on behalf of investment team
- Effective relationship management skills and credibility with the investment and distribution teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of global capital markets and various asset classes
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with external industry contacts
- Ability to support business development and client retention efforts
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution channels
Source: for more information click here.