- This role will provide specialist experience on AMG’s ETF range and will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities that address specific needs for our UK clients and managing execution from identification to point of sale
- Understands completely the interaction of the buy and sell side as it relates to ETFs. Ideally, the successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of processes in both the asset managememt and capital markets
- Grow deep and broad the UK client relationships across all client segments to enhance the HSBC franchise and generate value added business
- Work with the HSBC AMG sales team as well as HSBC Global Relationship Bankers (“GRBs) to manage and cultivate client relationships and identify opportunities
- Proactively participates in the marketing of the ETF range by working with client proposition team and product specialists for the creation of high quality of sales materials.
Customers / Stakeholders
- The role holder will be expected to have extensive interaction with external UK asset managers, fund of fund managers, private bank and wealth managers who will use ETFs within their portfolios. In addition, the role holder will be expected to identify which areas of the client business to engage to generate key opportunities
- HSBC Global Markets and the market makers
- AMG functions of product, investments, client strategy
- Internal GRBs in Global Banking and Markets
- UK Sales team across all segments
Leadership & Teamwork
- The role holder must be an effective team player within the UK AMG.
- The role holder must cooperate, and engage constructively with both internal counterparts and external clients
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Pro-active with clients and prospecst, maintenaining a high level of daily client activities. Creation and timely execution of pipeline
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalised contracts, etc.
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- The job holder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes / procedures as communicated
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators
- The job holder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defense’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion
- The role holder will be expected to help drive the adoption and penetration of HSBC ETFs within the UK across all segments.
- Achieve targeted revenue goals in a high pressure sales environment
- Strong communication is an important skill – as the role holder should be able to make presentations both in writing and in spoken presentations to articulate his / her views effectively to clients
- Build and maintain a high quality of analysis and advice on ETFs
- Act as a UK AMG ETF specialist on client needs and the industry trends, helping produce selected client lists, solutions in model portfolios by investment themes
- Engage the clients by participating in their Fund Selection Committee and Fund Selection Process, as well as represent business internally on ETFs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A self starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a global team
- Prior proven experience in the UK Asset Management industry with specialist exposure ETFs of at least 3 years
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Professional qualifications / certifications like a CFA, IMC are a positive but not a pre-requisite
- Extensive understanding and experience in the trading of ETFs.
- The role will also involve client interaction and the job holder may need to obtain adequate regulatory certifications.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 3-5 Years