Who we are looking for
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join the talented and dynamic State Street Global Advisors SPDR ETFs Distribution Team in Japan.
The primary role of the Business Development Associate is to support the Japanese SPDR ETF Distribution team in a broad range of business development activities which lead to achieving our financial objectives.
The role involves supporting a combination of administrative and business development support functions to support the head of SPDR ETFs Japan and the ETF Sales Manager, including maintaining Salesforce, compiling management reporting and liaising directly with the SPDR Marketing Manager.
This is a great opportunity to operate in a team friendly environment where you would work collaboratively with the Global SPDR Team to promote our range of ETFs in the country. Together we will continue to build a client focused, collaborative and dynamic sales culture.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As ETF Business Development Associate you will
- Support the team to execute strategies to drive sales of SPDR ETFs (Cross-listed, US Domiciled, UCITS and APAC ranges) across our key client segments: Institutional Asset Owners, Institutional Asset Managers and Financial Intermediaries to achieve the net new assets and revenue targets for the SPDR ETF Japan and Asia Pacific business;
- The timely and accurate completion of Salesforce and sales pipeline reporting, and associated reporting to management;
- Various sales administration functions (such as maintenance of contact registers, competitor analysis register);
- Ad hoc and ongoing data requests e.g. verify and maintain documentations, coordinate RFP, conduct market research, competitor analysis;
- Prepare material for client meetings and complete the subsequent follow up requests;
- Assist and coordinate for marketing campaigns and events; and
- Sales support in partnership with the broader sales team for key clients
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Good business acumen, and strong financial acumen;
- Demonstrates attention to detail and achieves quality results;
- Organizational effectiveness – ability to ascertain client requirements and deliver a solution persuasively;
- Confirmed dedication to integrity, risk, compliance, governance and regulation policies and procedures;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet deadlines;
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal and external clients; and
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 2-5 years’ financial services experience;
- Confirmed ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines under pressure;
- Degree qualified or equivalent with a financial or analytical discipline preferred;
- JSDA license Type I qualifications (if not, required to get it).; and
- Good level of Japanese (native or equivalent level) and English (business level)
- Self-starter, with good decision making skills;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to question the “status quo”;
- Confident, enthusiastic and solution/results oriented mind-set;
- Ability to work respectfully and well within a team;
- Positive, entrepreneurial and can do attitude;
- Willingness to roll up sleeves, take up challenges and navigate complexity;
- Aligned with State Street’s culture of corporate citizenship;
- Desire to understand the Wealth/ETF/investment landscape; and
- Desire to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment and for an equal opportunity employer.
Source: for more information click here.