- RBC Global Asset Management’s Corporate Governance & Responsible Investment (CGRI) team, which supports RBC GAM’s investment teams in integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into their investment processes, is seeking a Data Analyst to join our team
- In this position, you will work closely with other members of the CGRI team to develop the data and tools needed to integrate ESG into the investment processes
- In addition, you will work on analysis of data on investments (for example, the potential implications of climate data on investment outcomes).
- Help drive the data strategy for the team, moving towards a scalable infrastructure by understanding and managing the team’s data needs
- Partner with GAM’s Data Governance Office and Technology Group to take advantage of, and contribute meaningfully to, GAM’s investment data sets, tools and analytics that are available for use by the investment teams
- Implement and automate ESG processes (such as carbon footprinting, ESG and climate dashboards); data onboarding
- Design and develop productivity enhancing tools for data management and exploration
- Proactively participate in project development strategies, system design, and delivery time lines assessment
- Perform the analysis, design, development and review of production scripts
- Communicate with portfolio managers and research analysts to understand their data requirements
- Keep abreast of research into new and emerging technologies such as machine learning and advanced analytics, and identify opportunities to apply these in the team’s research activities.
- Degree of background in information technology, computer science or mathematics
- Experience with Python and/or R and/or Matlab
- Database development experience (SQL Server) and knowledge in data analytics
- Demonstrate strong technical ability and a keen interest in new and emerging technology
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in (ESG) Environmental, Social and Governance
- Financial industry experience
- Knowledge of data as it relates to material ESG factors, particularly climate.
Source: for more information click here.