- BI ESG team is looking to hire an ESG Analyst in Singapore, to expand all aspects of the team’s work.
- In this newly created role the analyst will drive understanding of how ESG and sustainable themes can be used to help investors make better-informed investment decisions through the development of company and industry proprietary research and effectively communicate relevant insights including potential financial impact
- The analyst will also promote BI ESG insights, internally and externally
- In this role, the analyst will also have the opportunity to contribute to broader ESG initiatives within Bloomberg and in the markets.
- Produce outstanding notes and reports concerning ESG issues, themes, and trends affecting companies, industries and financial markets – including the creation of impactful materials with a keen eye for visual representation of complex and striking data and findings.
- Translate research and analysis into investment implications in collaboration with sector analysts.
- Perform technical analysis and modelling of ESG data such as emission, proxy voting as well as financial metrics in order to explore potential market signals.
- Develop ESG analytical capabilities for BI but also contribute to the wider ESG product and data development projects within Bloomberg.
- Build relationships and work closely with the BI ESG team to innovate and develop a strong franchise.
- Foster collaboration between with other research analysts, the BI sector teams.
- Partner closely with multiple teams across Bloomberg (including Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF), Bloomberg Data and Bloomberg Product teams) in the execution of joint research work, and to design and construct ESG analytical tools and frameworks to suit investor requirements and preferences.
- Engage with clients to provide views and perspective in capacity as an ESG specialist.
- Travel as required and occasionally represent BI ESG team at internal and external events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will possess a passion for critical thinking about both ESG and financial markets, as well as a desire to be part of a fast-growing team.
- Previous experience in an analytical research role either in Asset Management or a closely related business is essential.
- Good communication skills are key attributes of the role as this person will regularly be collaborating on research with Bloomberg Intelligence colleagues, and will be communicating with Bloomberg terminal clients via phone calls, in-person meetings and online chat.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, with a creative and innovative mind-set, a pragmatic problem-solving skills, and effective clients and stakeholder management.
- Solid experience in ESG research, on the buy-side or sell-side, is essential
- Subject matter expert in various ESG themes with the ability to articulate investment relevant insight and research
- Passion for investing and sustainability
- Track record of leading analyses and authoring thought leadership related to ESG
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to articulate methods, insights and recommendations from complex and quantitative analysis in a compelling and influential way, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and decision-making ability, combined with intellectual curiosity and honesty.
- Solid understanding of financial markets, investment theories and asset valuations.
- Experience in client facing
- A Degree in Accounting/Finance and experience working with Accounting/Financial Statements preferred or equivalent experience
- Working Knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal would be a plus
- Fluency in a second language would be a plus
- MBA/CFA would be a plus.
Source: for more information click here.