Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, Goldman Sachs University offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses.
- Learn about the Synthetic Products Group (SPG) business and the products traded.
- Technology is very close to the business with a presence on the trading floor, so the learning opportunities are immense.
- Develop both technical and non-technical skills through a combination of challenging projects in a real-time distributed system, informal on the job mentoring and formal development in the form of the GS University career development programme.
- You will work in a team of highly capable, experienced developers which encourages open discussion and is focused on the delivery of robust, reliable software. This position also provides the opportunity to progress to a leadership role.
- Involves working closely with the trading desk and quant teams across a number of functions including execution, inventory optimization, position keeping, trade flows/booking, and funding strategy.
- The role requires strong analytical skills, communication skills, as well as excellent programming skills.
- Design, develop, test and document highly reliable new applications, tools and workflows to support new revenue opportunities, trader efficiency and associated infrastructure, in a structured, disciplined but fast-moving environment
- Form strong client relationships with traders, coverage desk, (from Analyst to Managing Director level), operations and other key partners
- Abstract and automate common desk workflows to streamline trading and scale new businesses
- Develop and enhance trading and inventory management platforms that facilitate clients and hedge firm risk
- Maintain the stability and integrity of the system while suggesting improvements and optimizations
- Be a strong team player, highly motivated, keen to take on responsibility, able to work independently and successfully manage and maintain a high workload in a fast-paced environment
Skills and Qualifications:
- Technical Skills 5-10 years technology experience in a commercial environment
- Solid object oriented design and programming skills (C++, Java, or other OO technology)
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with appreciation of technical riskAutomated testing and Test-Driven development skills will be a plus
- Project management of tasks, issue resolution, and escalation
- Core financial markets knowledge and aptitude to learn Interpersonal Skills
- Highly motivated, pro-active and capable of working under pressure without compromising development processes
- Strong, committed and reliable team player and strong communicator, able to take direction but also willing to contribute to discussions on design and strategy
- Possess client-facing skills to be able to deal with and form good relationships with the business and other technology groups, both from a support and day to day project work perspective