- The Systematic Trading Solutions STS team is an embedded front office technology team responsible for driving the development from idea generation to production implementation of analytics, data driven processes, automated trading, risk management tools and new electronic trading products for the Cash Equities business
- Risk Pricing / Trading / Portfolio management: supporting the pricing, risk management, and execution of principal trades on the PT, ETF, single-stock, and derivatives trading desks via the firm’s central risk book as well as other trading and analytics tools. This can also involve the deployment of automated trading processes including algorithmic strategies and trading signals which optimize trading quantitatively to directly drive PnL
- Electronic Trading: developing new electronic trading products to serve clients on a principal basis. This include building and improving existing trading algorithms, improving venue selection and timing in the smart order router, and creating electronic tools to allow clients to interact with our principal liquidity
- Data & Analytics: designing and developing Equities-wide analytics to measure and improve various aspects of businesses profitability, analyze potential trading opportunities and hedging strategies. STS will be responsible for both building the data and analytics tools and using these to drive change to the business, improving how we serve clients and generate revenues. Specific examples include: optimizing our automated IOIs to target clients based on their liquidity needs and historical trading behavior, back-testing different trade out and risk management strategies for a large basket trade on the program trading desk or optimally hedging ETF relative to its constituents.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful candidates will have some amount of programming experience, and will be enthusiastic about a role that includes some programming
- Additionally, successful candidates will be interested in constant and direct engagement with other stakeholders in the business, and will be willing to learn both the practical as well as the mathematical aspects of equities trading
- Experience in python, specifically using pandas and numpy, or experience with Q/KDB preferred
- Experience in high-touch or algorithmic trading, including market impact modelling, venue analysis algo selection, micro structure or central risk books preferred
- Good communication skills especially when describing problems and explaining solutions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Great problem solving skills for problems with a mathematical/technological background
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for spreading a culture of change towards data drive decision making
- Ability to manipulate and analyse complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working
- This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Source: for more information click here.