BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets.
- The EMEA Retail FP&A team provides financial analysis and reporting to the EMEA Executive Committees, Business Management teams and Regional Leadership
- The team looks at financial performance throughout the business and also plays a key role in linking FP&A with the other areas of the firm including Investor Relations, Treasury, Controllers, Tax, Regulatory Reporting, Business Operations, Human Resources and Corporate Strategy.
- Play leading role in the annual expense planning process together with monthly forecasting and reporting
- Develop detailed expense budget and forecast models to drive high quality decision-making
- Analyze expense trends in the business each month and produce detailed reports for senior management highlighting key changes
- Explore factors impacting Marketing spend including working with business partners to identify and support sales trends, client wins/losses and market outlook/performance
- Play a leading role in liaising with country Sales and Marketing teams on business specific strategic marketing initiatives
- Develop presentations and detailed financial expense analyses and present to senior management
- Create a cohesive narrative in communicating results to senior management and present data in a simple and clear manner.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong academics including bachelor’s degree in a numeric discipline
- Qualified accountant preferred but not essential
- Experience in budgeting, planning, and reporting, preferably in asset management or the broader financial services industry
- Experience acting as a successful finance business partner
- Experience with financial modeling is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required, experience with TM1 Cognos preferred VBA skills a plus
- Strong organizational, planning, quantitative and problem solving skills; strategic and creative thinking
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product
- A great attitude and strong work ethic
- Collaborative, team-oriented, service-oriented
- A desire to work in a high-energy environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management.
Source: for more information click here.