BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®.
- The role will bring the individual into regular contact with senior stakeholders across the business and being comfortable in these circles, while providing subject matter detail, is crucial
- Close interaction with all business functions (Sales, Capital Markets, Products, Marketing and Strategy) will be expected, as well as with other key businesses within BlackRock – Portfolio Management, Risk Management, Finance, Legal and Compliance.
- Collate and examine existing procedures across the function, critique quality and identify, map gaps
- Map new and existing processes and procedures, together with functional heads; work with other members of the team to propose potential changes to align with target operating model
- Design processes to manage, monitor and drive adherence of the EMEA EII function to key risk and compliance policies and procedures e.g. AIFMD, Reverse Solicitation, Cross-Border Distribution (Safe Sell) and Sales marketing compliance
- Deliver a self-audit framework to facilitate senior management review of adherence to procedures across business and territories
- Work with functional heads to implement recommendations and improvements resulting from Internal Audits and Compliance Thematic Reviews
- Develop and maintain controls in relation to effective risk management (RCSA, Conflicts of Interest, BCM, ICAAP); drive discussions around operating events and process improvements to help mitigate risk and promote a culture of compliance. Serve as point of contact to “fix” problems
- Manage and execute specific projects related to the effective governance of the business including potential changes to the business operating model
- Develop and manage the relationship with key partner functions including, Legal, Compliance, Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) and Internal Audit
- The successful candidate may also assist with additional COO responsibilities including tracking and reporting of financials, headcount, market data, progress against strategic plans and business budgets, coordinating operating plans, and conducting analysis and reports as requested for regular updates and business reviews.
Skills and Qualifications:
- COO, Audit, Operational Risk, Legal or Compliance background / experience preferable
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the asset management industry
- Must have strong attention to detail with the ability to read and digest volumes of complex information, summarise and contextualize it within a broader framework and identify gaps/areas for further investigation
- Previous experience designing and implementing risk, regulatory and legal control frameworks is preferable via TOM (Target Operating Models) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Structured communication skills: ability to communicate complex ideas top-down, ask targeted questions to arrive at solutions
- Problem solving: think logically and deconstruct a larger problem into sub-components, prioritize issues and allocate resources
- Interpersonal skills: ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders, understand their viewpoints, build long-term relationships and create a collaborative and inspirational environment within the team
- Process management: Efficiently manage project processes, navigate tradeoffs and effectively manage own and other’s time
- Self-starter with high energy, motivation a commitment to excellence and broad interest in business management principles
- Ability to work across diverse markets and cultures.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience >15 Years