ETF and Index Investments (EII) is the business unit that delivers passively managed (index) investment vehicles and portfolio solutions to the entire spectrum of the BlackRock client base.iShares is the brand name for the world’s largest range of exchange traded funds (ETFs), which are marketed and managed by BlackRock. As a complement to the iShares ETF offer, BlackRock manages a broad set of index mutual funds across various fund platforms and domiciles to meet specific client needs.
- The Institutional Sales team is responsible for the development of relationships and the sale of BlackRock’s ETF and Index products to clients across the UK institutional market
- The position is responsible for supporting client relationships and business development across a range of institutional investors – including pension funds, insurance companies, consultants and asset managers – in coordination with the UK Sales Team and partner groups across BlackRock
- Working as a member of the team, the successful candidate will be expected to have a robust and working understanding of the UK institutional market.
- Focus on establishing and deepening relationships across a range of UK institutional investors
- Responsible for contribution to the delivery of UK Institutional annual sales target
- Expand the usage of iShares and BlackRock products and solutions amongst the UK institutional client base
- Identify new client contacts at key prospects and work with partner groups across BlackRock to introduce ETFs as a standalone exposure tool and as part of an integral solution
- Development of targeted client account plans in coordination with partner groups
- Liaising with iShares specialist teams to answer client queries, perform analysis and provide additional information
- Follow up to client meetings e.g. providing additional information on funds, running analysis
- Ensuring the CRM database is kept up-to-date and keeping record of client holdings and trades
- Responsible to ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements and standards are met.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of ETFs, Index Funds and Passive Solutions
- Proven expertise in selling investment products to sophisticated clients (prospecting, development, closing and relationship management)
- Experience in developing and managing internal relationships to maximize client relationships and associated sales opportunities
- Knowledge of the insurance and/or pensions market. Particularly, industry themes, regulatory environment and key market stakeholders
- A broad understanding of the UK institutional market, and the mainstream market dynamics that will shape the market in the long term
- Knowledge of and passion for financial markets is essential
- Experience with delta one products (i.e. ETFs, index funds, futures, swaps) is a plus
- Educated to degree level
- CFA or similar professional qualification desirable
- Strong “team player”, Clear communicator, Excellent presenter
- Strong client sales and relationship management skills
- Attention to detail, Proven organizational skills.
Source: for more information click here.