- Global X is seeking a seasoned professional to lead its Portfolio Management team and oversee the management of 70 exchange-traded funds. The Global X ETFs are passively managed, equity-based strategies that track bold investment ideas across the globe
- The Director will work with a team of four associates and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer
- This role offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the further expansion of the Global X ETF platform and fuel its next stage of growth.
- Ensuring that the portfolios meet the primary investment objective of tracking underlying indexes
- Leading the development and maintenance of key infrastructure, including portfolio models, trading systems and reporting packages
- Developing trade execution strategies to minimize trade impact and slippage under sometimes challenging market environments
- Working closely with Portfolio Administration Team to ensure proper operational support for investment activities
- Collaborating with the Product Development Team on new fund launches and product initiatives
- Working closely with Chief Compliance Officer and Chief Operating Officer to identify areas of risk and install robust controls to mitigate such risks
- Supporting Capital Markets Team in coverage of Authorized Participants and Market Makers
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Index Providers
- Fostering a strong team culture of compliance and ethical behavior
- Nurturing the professional development of team members and providing timely feedback on individual performance
- Maintaining broad knowledge and awareness of key ETF industry developments and trends
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of global markets, including emerging and frontier markets.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university, ideally in business, finance, statistics, computer science or economics
- Preference for CFA designation and/or post-graduate degree in business or finance
- 7+ years of financial industry experience
- 5+ years of ETF portfolio management experience
- Proven success in managing a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior IT skills and exposure to trading systems and platforms.
Global X offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Global X is a fast-paced environment geared towards performance and attractive career opportunities, with an open corporate culture that values and rewards the contributions of every individual.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 5-7 Years