- The Director Salesperson is a senior-level position responsible for assisting clients in raising funds in the capital markets, as well as in providing strategic advisory services for mergers, acquisitions and other types of financial transactions in coordination with the Institutional Banking team
- The Director Salesperson also serves as an intermediary in trading for clients
- The overall objective of this role is to act as strategic advisor to our clients by formulating investment strategies and raising capital for clients.
- Refine and implement sales/marketing strategy to improve Citi’s client footprint and maximize associated revenue while working with management/colleagues to establish a clear marketing plan with defined priorities, market penetration and revenue goals
- Leverage contact network to understand client needs, introduce the Citi offering, and convince clients to adopt it to increase client satisfaction/Citi revenue
- Advise team in strategic positioning and closing transactions with various internal stakeholders (structuring, trading, legal, credit and risk etc.)
- Forge a relationship with salespeople in order to leverage Citi’s franchise and source relevant buying and selling opportunities for clients
- Lead strong governance and controls
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; demonstrating proper consideration for the firm’s reputation
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi’s Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as defined by your role which will be communicated to you
- Obtain and maintain all registrations/licenses which are required for your role, within the appropriate timeframe
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years of sales experience at a financial services organization
- Experience in a client-facing role working with the buy-side community
- Proven interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Broad client relationships preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain required licenses including Series 3, 7, 55 and 63
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience >15 Years