College to Corporate Internship Program: Corporate Finance and Accounting Vanguard’s College to Corporate (C2C) Internship Program is tailor-made for talented, high-potential college students seeking an internship with real-world experiences and invaluable professional connections.
During your internship, you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard’s mission, initiatives, and investment philosophy, plus learn how these elements impact our clients, crew, and the markets. You’ll begin your senior year refreshed, knowledgeable, and with a priceless initiation into the financial industry.
- The C2C Corporate Finance and Accounting Internship Program is a paid summer internship that offers you the opportunity to expand your expertise in finance, while developing a broad understanding of Vanguard’s business
- Through C2C Finance & Accounting you’ll be assigned to a department within Vanguard’s Finance Division
- Finance serves the organization internally, delivering strategic insight to support business decisions, transactional excellence in corporate financial reporting, risk and control environments as well as mutual fund operational services
- To help ensure your success, you’ll receive the following support:
- An internship program manager and a department manager who provide ongoing feedback.
- Networking events with management and peers.
- Opportunities to learn from experts.
- Exceptional hands-on development experience.
- Strong, lasting relationships with peers and Vanguard management and crew.
- Exposure to a mix of soft and technical skills to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Financial Planning and Analysis, which provides analytical support for business decision-making. Assignments are business fiscal planning, financial modeling for projects or corporate initiatives, and internal reporting on Vanguard business unit performance
- Corporate Accounting, Treasury and Controllers, which prepares Vanguard’s financial statements, oversees the organization’s fulfillment of financial obligations, and application of accounting policy. Assignments can include support of reporting corporate financial performance, cash management, liquidity management functions and accounting controls
- Fund Financial Services, which provides the middle-office, back-office, and information management support for all of Vanguard’s investment products. Assignments could include fund accounting, trade support and reconciliation, treasury operations, corporate actions, and pricing functions for Vanguard’s domestic and international fund and ETF products
- Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management, which seeks to safeguard the company by working with clients to manage business risk as either independent auditors or embedded business support. Assignments could include SAS 70 auditing, risk-based audits, and risk-control consulting within any Vanguard department and divisions
- Global Tax, which serves as a center of excellence for enterprise tax policy implementation and execution. Rotations would provide exposure to global tax considerations across Vanguard operations including fund operations and business uni
- Strategic Services, is a divisional transformation hub which offers strategic shared service functions in supplier management, corporate and real estate facilities management, and Finance technology implementation
- Assignments span functional and transformation specific project management to support the evolving nature of Finance operations globally
- Supporting these business units and assisting with large-scale projects will demonstrate how technology, financial analysis, and business operations drive progress in a major corporation
- Additional learning focuses on risk and control assurance, data analysis, process improvement, presentations and problem-solving
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will be considered for a full-time, entry-level position, including one of the Vanguard leadership development programs
- These opportunities are rotational specialty programs designed to provide a work-training experience in Finance as well as other varied areas
Skills and Qualifications:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred. Majors in finance, accounting, mathematics, or engineering are also preferred
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating time and talent.
- Experience < 1 Year