JP Morgan are looking for a Vice President candidate who can excel in a diverse set of functional areas including research/strategy, marketing, operations and commercialization. The candidate will have the opportunity to gain direct market perspective on how indices are used by investors globally and to understand their investment behavior. There will also be opportunities to work closely with economists and research strategists covering other asset classes, sales and trading teams and gain systematic insight into global market dynamics as well as the nuances of specific markets. As part of the team, the candidate will also have numerous opportunities to grow and develop a variety of skills including analytical, quantitative, project management and client relationship.
- The team manages thousands of indices that cover global markets primarily in the fixed income space. Although the day-to-day operations are managed by a separate operations group (Calculation agent), the role does require oversight of the operations at a high level.
- This would involve modeling, analyzing and implementing the index strategy.
- Part of the index management responsibility is ensuring that all processes are efficient and aligned with regulatory framework in different regions in which the indices are utilized.
- The role also entails the candidate to interact with external clients (buy-side entities) at different stages of their investment management life cycle and facilitating the launch of new mandates and the marketing efforts around it.
- The candidate would also work closely with both internal and external clients to educate them on structural and tactical changes in the index products and the associated implications for the relevant markets resulting from these changes.
- The candidate would be intimately involved in publishing research notes covering key market developments that impact the index, as well as more thematic publications around structural shifts in the relevant asset class.
- Candidate would also be required to contribute to cross-asset publications involving ex-post analysis of index trends and outlining material changes that would impact the risk return profile of the benchmark and thereby the assets tracking them.
- In particular, the candidate is expected to gain an in-depth understanding of the methodology and construction of the flagship EM indices and the ability to discuss both the macro aspects as well as the nuances with clients.
- In essence, both internal and external clients would depend on this candidate for relaying the synopsis of index implications and engage in index related discussions especially during Asia and London market hours (pre-NY open).
- The candidate is expected to identify opportunities to grow the products coverage and branding.
- This includes researching and creating new index products and broadening our existing product suite based on changes in the markets and client trends.
- Feasibility studies and scenario analysis to study the viability of new products and tail risk scenarios.
Skills and Qualifications:
- In depth understanding of Fixed income concepts and Bond math
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Prior experience in a research or strategy role
- Quantitative and analytical skills, experience in building and maintaining financial models
- High level of familiarity with Excel (VBA is a plus), PowerPoint and Bloomberg
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
- Extensive experience of Index research, Fixed Income or Quantitative strategy or similar experience at an Investment Bank, Index Administrator (entity to refer to the other index shops), or institutional asset management firm
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field, plus extensive experience in Index research, Fixed Income or Quantitative strategy or similar experience at an Investment Bank, Index Administrator (entity to refer to the other index shops) or institutional asset management firm.
Source: for more information click here.