- The CCO will direct and manage SPDJI’s client coverage, channel management, marketing and client services teams; providing strategic direction, communication of vision and driving operational effectiveness to achieve the net sales and revenue targets of SPDJI along with strategic business goals, improving the individual customer experience, customer satisfaction, and customer retention through sales channels
- The CCO will be responsible for driving customer relationships across direct and indirect customers around the globe, managing a commercial organization of 100+ team members across 21 offices in three regions: Americas, EMEA and APAC
- The role reports to the CEO and is a key member of the SPDJI Operating and Commercial Committees
- Reporting into the CCO will be MD Client Coverage, MD Channel Management, MD Marketing and Head of Client Service
- Create and manage a world-class global commercial organization that can drive business growth across all asset classes and distribution channels. Set goals and metrics, and design sales and incentive plans to manage global teams for high performance. Recruit new talent and manage out low performing staff as required.
- Communicate and embed our value propositions clearly into business development and selling activities.
- Identify opportunities to drive top line/revenue growth of the business by leveraging existing products and in conjunction with the Product Management and Research & Design teams integrating customer feedback/information into new product development and product marketing efforts. Leverage content, data and analytic integration opportunities to drive revenue and market share growth.
- Stay well-connected with customers and the market to ensure that broad market trends are being incorporated into the new index design and enhancement cycle. Engage direct and indirect customers to determine satisfaction on product and service delivery across all segments include exchanges, ETF issuers, structured product issuers, insurance companies (annuity issuers and general account), asset managers, asset owners, financial advisors and consultants.
- Create, manage and report on the annual sales plan. Drive a culture of expense and revenue accountability throughout the commercial teams and align results with SPDJI strategic goals. Identify problems in sales practices and procedures to improve revenue generation.
- Direct management of global client coverage, channel management, marketing and client service teams operating out of 21 global offices.
- Annual sales target by distribution channel and region for client coverage teams. Direct impact on the sales and revenue results of the business segment.
- Meeting strategic goals for Channel Management teams around benchmark adoption. Optimize sales channel mix through global indirect sales channels and improved third party partnerships.
- Ensuring marketing initiatives are supporting overall strategic goals and operating within budget.
- Client service KPI’s and client satisfaction measures
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 15+ years of relevant and diversified work experience in successively more senior roles in one or more of the following areas: index industry (index provider, index manager, ETF issuer, structured product issuer) quantitative asset management/research, trading, exchanges, investment product sales, financial data. Experience across multiple asset classes a plus.
- Deep understanding of the business and products including index intellectual property issues, data licensing, index regulation and ability to negotiate complex agreements.
- Global experience and extensive travel are required
- Proven experience in managing large, complex and diverse global teams and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Extensive experience in building and leading successful global teams and managing in a matrix environment.
- Proven and measureable understanding of the global index eco-system (index investors, product providers, data venders, trading facilities) as well as expert-level knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape.
- Prior leadership experience in developing and managing strategic partnership relationships, and in M&A transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA
- CFA is a plus.
- Experience >15 Years