The successful candidate will build on our market relationships and grow the Fixed Income brokerage business by actively engaging with client advisors, strategy teams and our global trading teams. This solutions position is a hybrid role of traditional execution/trading, combined with key elements of sales skills, portfolio management and will require strong marketing and presentation skills to message these views and ideas across the platform. The ideal candidate will be versatile and willing to expand their core skill set. The role involves executing client orders, primarily in Fixed Income, ranging from Investment Grade Corporate, High Yield and Emerging Markets to Government bonds, with some FX and Equity Execution. The role will require problem solving and finding solutions for private clients which often includes the customization of portfolios. Preferably the candidate will have experience in an institutional setting. This role requires good product knowledge and an understanding of markets and their trading conventions. As the business evolves the candidate should actively assist with development of trading platforms and electronic automation. Experience working both on technological development within a trading setting as well as using quantitative skills to improve efficiency would be welcomed.
- Trade Execution of Fixed Income, FX & Equity products, across developed and Emerging Markets for our Global clients.
- Help drive the trading business flows, through our high conviction themes and single name ideas, spanning across Investment Grade, High Yield and Emerging Markets.
- Communicate and form strong relationships with internal advisors as well as clients and industry participants.
- Support the Cross Asset trade desk with trade queries, breaks, reconciliations, presentations, automation, training, various ad hoc requests
- The role operates in a fast paced environment and the need to multitask and balance both internal and external relationships is vital.
- Stay abreast on company, industry and regulatory developments.
- The job requires the ability to establish credibility internally and externally, partner with bankers, investors and senior solutions colleagues
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- Several years of prior relevant experience, could include sales, trading, capital markets or buy-side portfolio management or execution teams.
- Financial markets experience with excellent knowledge of how fixed income markets work with an in depth understanding of fixed income concepts, bond maths, financial products, analytics, and an awareness of market events.
- Demonstrable ability to confidently engage with persons at all levels of the organisation as well as with clients and build/maintain a broader industry network.
- Excellent communication skills. The candidate must be articulate verbally and on paper.
- Personality marked by drive and ambition with demonstrated success in dealing with a wide range of clients.
- Superior analytical skills; writing macros and coding experience very beneficial, ie Python, Tableau, use of Bloomberg & Excel to expert level etc
- Team player capable of working effectively with many business partners.
Source: for more information click here.