You will be responsible for automating the build and deployment process throughout the build system:
- Manage the build process for multiple concurrent releases
- Design and configure continuous integration build system through collaboration with development and IT teams
- Participate in deployment & configuration of the application as needed
- Set-up code-review process and tooling in the CI
- Automate set up of test environments
- Other duties as assigned
A Day in the Life of a Build Engineer:
- At the start of the day go over the current status of our build infrastructure – we are currently in the process of improving our monitoring and alerting systems for the build landscape so we might need to make improvements or adjustments in order to keep everything running smoothly
- After we catch up with the ongoing tasks and issues at the stand-up, we will start or continue with our tasks. These can be anything ranging from helping teams to build their Java or C++ projects – where we provide them with extra functionality for the build process using Bash and Python scripting, to automating the configuration and setup of the build agents – where we work with Ansible and VMWare tools, to trying to help the Quants’ team to join the building pipeline by using automated building of their projects. As there are many areas to cover, your breath of knowledge will be an asset, going from general system administration, to virtualization, monitoring, to compilers and beyond.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Atlasian products (Bamboo, Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with build set ups for Java and C++ applications
- Strong scripting skills (Python, bash, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Linux environment
- BSc in Computing Science or a technical degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 3-5 Years