- Reporting to the Head Trader Americas, the Associate Trader will be responsible to learn and contribute to the equity trading desk through execution, capital markets transactions and order management
- This includes working closely with traders to learn the execution process, back up traders as required and support Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts
- The Associate Trader will work closely with local and international trading teams to understand and implement best practices which add value to the investment process
- The Associate Trader is expected to develop and maintain relationships with other key partners including investment operations, compliance, portfolio services and investment risk.
- Manage order flow and trade execution in assigned markets/sectors
- Work closely with and back up the equity trading team for equity trading execution, including electronic trading
- Over time develop an in-depth understanding of the Portfolio Managers funds and Analyst research views
- Utilize and continue to develop knowledge of equity trading, market structure and market challenges, advising Portfolio Managers on implementation of different trading strategies
- Contribution to team strategy
- Provide input to the Head Trader to analyze and improve the trading process regarding best execution
- Proactively engage with broker relationships and market participants
- Protect and where possible enhance Fidelity’s reputation in the marketplace
- Engage in trading cost analysis, quantitative inputs and technical analysis to reduce Fidelity trading costs where possible
- Work effectively and professionally with the business partners of Global Equity Trading including compliance and risk management, IT systems, and other similar groups
- Work such hours as required to cover assigned sectors, markets and Portfolio Managers
- Be familiar with and adhere to Fidelity Global Trading Policies and Procedures
- Be familiar with and adhere to Fidelity’s best execution & order handling policies
- Be familiar with and adhere to the provisions of Fidelity’s Code of Ethics
- Be aware of current Anti-Money Laundering requirements as they affect the business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 years of experience in equities trading
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the investment industry, ideally supporting a team of investment professionals
- University degree
- Strong interest in equity markets
- Demonstrated desire to learn more about the equity trading process
- You have strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a keen interest in the investment process
- You have the credibility, communication skills and professional presence to interact effectively with investment professionals at all levels of experience
- You are able to prioritize, work under pressure and demonstrate a commitment to the Fidelity team.
Source: for more information click here.
- Experience 3-5 Years