At Fidelity, the goal is to make financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. The company does this by focusing on a diverse set of customers: – from 23 million people investing their life savings, to 20,000 businesses managing their employee benefits to 10,000 advisors needing innovative technology to invest their clients’ money.
- The candidate will learn and implement company‘s overlay management strategies with a goal to maximize after-tax returns while controlling risk
- The candidate may also play a role in SAI’s next generation of managed account strategies which include Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs) and multi-account investment management.
- Manage individual client portfolios consistent with Strategic Advisers’ investment philosophy and the unique portfolio parameters and objectives of each client account
- Generate superior after-tax returns using various tax management strategies and risk tools
- Perform portfolio analysis using proprietary and non-proprietary software and use the results to further enhance the returns of the portfolios
- Review and thoroughly understand internal analyst research on individual securities, ETFs, and mutual funds to incorporate into investment decisions. Gain full understanding of firm‘s portfolio construction process as well as keep fluent in all market and fund analyst research
- Monitor and carry out fiduciary responsibilities
- Implement investment strategies based on market movements, tax code changes, trading, systems enhancements, investment choices, etc
- Present FPP investment process to internal and external audiences
- Ability to create detailed analysis to analyze trends, portfolio data, holdings, returns or other ad hoc requests as directed by portfolio managers, research analysts or team leaders
- Support client facing teams with in-depth analysis and recommendations for client financial planning needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate degree a plus; undergraduate degree required. Degree or emphasis in finance/accounting/economics subjects strongly preferred
- Existing or active progress toward CFA, CPA, or CFP credentials
- One to three years relevant experience in a portfolio management or portfolio analysis capacity
- Five to seven years industry experience
- Outstanding attention to detail, as well as superior analytical or quant skills that allow for independent judgment and decisive reasoning while dealing with significant time constraints
- Basic understanding of portfolio construction, portfolio theory and quantitative portfolio construction techniques
- Ability to operate in a fast paced “start-up” like environment with an adaptable skill set, creative problem solving skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Basic understanding of the tax code and portfolio management for taxable clients
- Must have superior ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment as well as work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Source: for more information click here.