Northern Trust Asset Management (“NTAM”) is the sponsor and investment manager of FlexShares®, a line of 31 US-listed exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”) with approximately $18.5 billion in AUM across a variety of alternatively weighted index and actively managed investment strategies. NTAM’s FlexShares business enjoys broad-based corporate support from a leading Chicago-based financial services company and currently ranks 19th among sponsors of US-domiciled ETFs.
NTAM’s Funds and Managed Accounts Group (“FMAG”) seeks an ETF Product Manager with knowledge and experience concerning the operations and administration of registered funds (especially, ETFs). This position shares responsibility for supporting and managing the operations of FlexShares ETFs across all of the functionally defined departments within NTAM and various external service vendors. Additional duties include support of fund governance, business analysis and reporting, and select special projects. Occasional travel within the United States may be required (< 5%).
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- A practical and technically-informed understanding of US-registered funds, investment strategies, product operations and capital-market dependencies (knowledge about ETFs is especially valued but not required).
- Awareness of the ETF industry’s arc of evolution and curiosity about its future development path.
- Working knowledge of fund accounting, fund administration, custody, middle-office, and compliance functions
- Familiarity with ’40 Act regulatory requirements, including financial and regulatory reporting
- Strong organizational skills
- Relationship management skills
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, comfortable working with large data sets. Familiarity with databases and/or Bloomberg and/or Morningstar Direct a plus but not a requirement
- 2-4 years of experience with US-registered-fund product management and/or product operations (including fund accounting, custody, transfer agency, fund administration or middle office)
Source: for more information click here.