IHS Markit is a global leader in information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide.
- This is an exciting opportunity within the operations team, that enables the successful candidate to fulfil a multifunctional role in the global Markit Index Management team that is responsible for the aggregation, validation and distribution of public indices that are calculated by global index providers
- Additionally the candidate will be working closely with the Product Services Associate to enhance and expand Markit Custom Equity Indices, and with the wider team to deliver technical enhancements that will drive the entire product towards greater operational efficiency.
- Understanding financial datasets, basket valuation methodologies, and validation and distribution of financial data in order to perform daily publication of Index/ ETF data
- Technical maintenance of Markit file retrieval software, including coding in at least one high level programming language; preferable but not necessary
- Calculation and maintenance of Markit Custom Equity Indices, involving researching, rebalancing and implementing corporate actions in line with Markit index methodology, expanding the product base, enhancing the calculation platform and dealing with customer queries
- Perform and enhance quality assurance checks for publication, calculation and capturing financial market events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in a finance or quantitative discipline
- 1 – 3 years of proven experience in a technical (VBA, Python, SQL) or financial indexing role; preferable but not necessary
- Experience in dealing with client queries via email or phone
- Has the ability to lead by example and also be collaborative with the global team
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic; high energy individual, keen to learn, a self-starter
- Flexibility and attitude to meet tight deadlines
- Strong time management skills and ability to effectively multitask
- Emphasizes clear and effective communication with internal and external audiences
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong team player who is comfortable working within a global team.
Source: for more information click here.