The Markit Equities Data & Analytics group (EDA) comprises the Markit DeltaOne, Securities Lending and Dividend Forecasting data and services which enable our clients to price instruments, comply with regulation and analyse markets.
- Working with the IHS Markit EDA team you will be responsible for writing analysis and commentary across a unique and diverse set of equities products.
- Your role will be to showcase EDA’s innovative suite of market leading information solutions by linking market and industry developments to IHS Markit’s product offering often spanning more than one content set.
- Products covered include, company, single stock and index level market data (brands featured includes Markit’s securities finance (short selling), ETF flows and constituents and Dividend forecasting data).
- You will be responsible for commenting on breaking market events, long term trends, industry developments and regulatory issues that shape equity markets.
- Day to day tasks include publishing regular market commentary (four pieces a week), writing and producing thought leadership pieces and collating regular industry reports.
- As owner of this research, you will be responsible for engaging internally with sales/product as well as provide a point of contact for incoming data queries from clients, prospects and members of the media.
- You will be responsible for handling press (both print and broadcast) enquiries working closely with the PR and the wider product teams.
- You will become a spokesman for the EDA suite of products and be interviewed on financial news networks, present at conferences and opine on industry developments.
- You will also be tasked with helping to produce regular market reports.
- Other tasks areas of responsibilities include providing regular markets updates to the sales team/ senior management and widening Markit commentary’s reach by engaging in communication with external third party research providers.
- This highly visible position requires someone with excellent written and verbal communication, intricate knowledge of equities markets and a keen interest of current events.
- Ideal candidates will ideally have prior experience in equities research in a front office environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: a minimum BA/BS in finance, economics, statistics or any other quantitative degree
- Professional qualifications: further study in finance or progress towards professional qualification such as CFA Work experience: preferably in financial research in a front office environment.
- Technical experience: strong knowledge of Excel and financial datasets desirable
- Public and media speaking experience including financial news television programs
- Market awareness: a proven interest in equities markets, either from relevant academic or professional background
- Strong communication skills: ability to work independently across a disparate datasets and explain complex situations in a clear and concise manner in both written and spoken English
- Management requirements: preferably in financial research in a front office environment
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Demonstrable understanding of key issues and the ability to clearly articulate complex situations
- Able to organise self (and others if applicable) including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks to tight deadlines.
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills both written and verbal, a confident and articulate style to both internal / external audiences
- Ability to build effective working relationships (internally / externally), establishing credibility amongst a wide and demanding set of stakeholders, including the media
- Able to positively engage with, and contribute to, the wider global team
- Comfortable taking ownership for work whilst working effectively within a team.
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives
Source: for more information click here.