Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers, retirement plan providers and sponsors, and institutional investors in the private capital markets.
- As an analyst on the Passive Strategies Research team, you would evaluate the investment merit of dozens of ETFs and index mutual funds, make ratings recommendations, and publish research reports to help investors make better decisions
- You would also regularly publish highly visible articles on Morningstar.com, contribute to longer form research papers, speak with reporters, and represent Morningstar at industry events.
- Develop clear opinions to support forward-looking ratings on ETFs and index mutual funds based on research that focuses on the funds’ management, strategy, parent company, performance and expenses
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis using firm‘s databases, monitoring regulatory information, interviewing portfolio managers, and conducting on-site due diligence visits of asset-management firms
- Monitor important developments in the fund industry, markets, and the broader economy
- Develop expertise in various asset classes, asset management firms, and the overall industry
- Author analytical research reports, articles, and industry studies
- Discuss ratings and reports with external institutional clients and internal investment management group
- Represent Morningstar by speaking to media, conferences, industry associations and regulators.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a graduate degree and/or Chartered Financial Analyst® designation (or progress toward one or the other) is preferred
- At least three years of relevant work experience, or strong performance in the MDP program
- Passion for investing and for helping investors make better investment decisions
- Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work at times independently, and at other times within a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated expertise in ETFs.
Source: for more information click here.