The Analyst, Index Operations is part of a global team that calculates and distributes real-time Intraday Optimized Portfolio Values (IOPVs) or real-time and End of Day Index values for ICE Data Indices broad client base. The Analyst will;
- Work with team members in the Asia, UK, and US to ensure that Index and IOPV production is executed flawlessly each business day.
- Interface with clients to support new product launches and resolve queries related to IOPV or Index calculations.
- Work with internal team members and developers to design, test, and implement tactical and strategic solutions for new client requirements, and to enhance operational efficiency and control while meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Be detail-oriented and able to complete and document all required tasks while responding to market events in real-time as they occur.
- ETF IOPV calculation / processing – Ensure accurate calculation of all calculated IOPV values via the execution of all daily production procedures and controls while operating within strict deadlines.
- Index Calculation / Publication – Ensure accurate calculation of all intraday and End of Day Index Values, and accurate, complete, and timely delivery of all Index product files to internal and external clients.
- Quality Assurance – Perform routine quality assurance procedures, which include checking prices and monitoring market activity to understand impact on our clients’ IOPV or Index calculations.
- Product Enhancements – Consistently review procedures and processes to identify enhancements and efficiencies that could be created through additional tools and development enhancements in support of existing products and potential new ETF launches from new or existing clients.
- Client Support – Includes addressing client queries, monitoring of intraday calculations and official end of day index calculation, dissemination of client files, and timely resolution of issues. Liaise with internal Client Service teams to assist in resolution of incoming queries regarding the ETF and Index service. Establish credibility with clients by understanding their business and solving technical and data problems if they arise in co-ordination with IDS technical team.
- Pre-sales Support – Understanding the data requirements of prospective clients and determining the viability of delivering the requirement to the client. Review client or internal product requirements and provide review and feedback on business specifications for implementing the new calculation requirements within the test system. Assist with onboarding of new clients.
- Must be able to work some public holidays.
- On-call periods during transition times between regions, with possible shift work to cover Asian exchange hours as needed.
Knowledge and Experience
- 3+ years in a Fund Accounting / Administration or Investment Management role preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record is required.
- Excellent PC skills with proficiency in MS Excel required. Experience in writing macros and Visual Basic, Python programming a plus.
- Play a supporting role on larger projects, including documentation of business requirements, testing, and implementation. Manage smaller projects such as client implementations.
- Working knowledge of global financial markets with a focus on equity and fixed income securities.
- An understanding of the construction and calculation of financial indices is preferable.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who excels at meeting strict deadlines and must also be comfortable working with clients
- Must have strong communication skills; ideal candidate will be able to clearly and confidently express important details in writing and verbally.
- Fluency in English, additional language skills a benefit.
- Demonstrable track record in providing excellent customer service
- Meticulous attention to detail is critical and must be able to identify problems/issues early and escalate properly
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to work well under pressure.
Source: for more information click here.