candidates will help to shape S&P Global Sustainable1’s cutting-edge suite of ESG analytics by developing proprietary models and datasets that are required to deliver this essential intelligence to our clients.The Location: Preferably London, New York, or Zurich, but other locations will be considered.
The Career Opportunity:
• A high-impact role, with responsibility for key inputs to S&P Global’s core ESG products & services.
• Build a career with a global company.
• Work with a diverse international team, including senior stakeholders across S&P Global.
• As a high performing technical specialist, you will have access to S&P Global’s vast array of technical trainings, and the opportunity to develop your expertise in an expanding team with global reach.
The Team: Our team is composed of experienced professionals driven to identify the transformative solutions of tomorrow. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. As a team player, you will contribute to the unique culture and energy of the department as it continues
• Develop high-quality data models in Microsoft Excel, VBA, Python, R (or similar) to meet growing
demand from our customers for more sophisticated ESG products and tools.
• Implement new datasetsto inform broader ESG performance analytics and support ongoing
database management and delivery to clients.
• Clearly communicate insights and complex technical approaches to clients and internal stakeholders,
verbally and in writing (incl. detailed methodology report writing & graphical representation of data).
• Participate in technical workshops and cross-divisional strategy planning sessions to guide future
innovation and the enhancement of S&P Global Sustainable1’s ESG framework.
• Work collaboratively with a diverse team across multiple locations to promote modelling bestpractice and ensure quality of deliverables.
We are recruiting at various grade levels, depending on years of experience, but all successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Strong technical expertise in Microsoft Excel (and preferably VBA).
• Beginner/intermediate programming skillsin Python, R (or similar).
• Minimum of two years’ professional experience working withlarge, complex datasets to support business and investment decision-making, incl. demonstrated ability in data quality control, source documentation, and synthesis of complex technical data to develop meaningful insights for clients.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in science, economics, engineering, mathematics, or
similar quantitative discipline.
• Minimum of A-level or equivalent in mathematics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, incl. confidently presenting complex information to clients & other key stakeholders in ways that they can easily understand and inform their actions.
• Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude.
• The candidate should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient, with natural curiosity and an
innovative approach to problem solving.
• Personable, with a demonstrated strength in planning and executing work assignments to tight
deadlines, independently and as part of a diverse international team.
• Fluent written and spoken English (additional languages will be looked upon favorably).
• Good awareness of S&P Global’s traditional business, and a view on how to integrate ESG into future
Technical experience in one or more of the following areas is highly favorable:
• Education or professional experience in environmentally extended input-output (EEI-O) modelling
and/or life-cycle assessment (LCA), and their application to evaluate business ESG impacts & risks.
• Familiarity with probability theory and statistical imputation techniques, and their application across
(sparse) ESG datasets, or similar.
• Background in environmental economics, particularly monetary valuation of externalities.
Other Desirable Skills:
• Master’s degree in sustainability, or relevant work experience.
• Experience of analyzing social ESG factors, incl. human capital, diversity & inclusion, human rights,
and occupational health & safety risks.
• Technical expertise in other sustainability research and/or ESG topics, particularly examples of using
and manipulating ESG datasets.
• Strong awareness of trendsin ESG and the next generation of best-in-class ESG data products.
• Proficiency in other programming languages and/or data software packages, incl. SQL, Alteryx,
Tableau, Power BI (or similar)
Source: for more information click here.